Tuesday 13 August 2013

Review: A Killing Frost by John Marsden

#3 in the Tomorrow series.  Life in the war zone enters its sixth month of heart-stopping tension in the latest installment of the internationally bestselling Tomorrow series.

In the third installment of the Tomorrow saga, the anything-to-survive existence of Ellie and her friends has sharpened their senses and emboldened their plans. They aren't merely on the defensive anymore; they're also striking back. Their strategy? Attack the enemy not just on land, but also on water. If they have any hope of sabotaging the formidable container ship at Cobbler's Bay, then stealth is a must, but so, too, is one very big explosion.
And if they fail, they may face a whole new kind of terror -- imprisonment.


I've been waiting to read this for a while, and I was anxious that it wouldn't be worth the wait. Well I was wrong. I'm glad I waited, because it took me about 24 hours to read. 

We know from the blurb that Kevin returns. Fab. I like Kevin, but I also like Corrie, so I wonder when she'll return. He is a vital part of the team, but could also be seen as the reason behind the content of the rest of the book.

Ellie, the narrator, does a good job telling the story from her point of view, I'd like to see someone else take over for a bit, to gain insight from another point of view, but that's personal preference. 

The pacing is perfect in the first half, full of adrenaline and action. The attack of Cobblers Bay is fueled by their drive to destroy. 
The second half of the novel is more docile, but builds tension, making it just as good. And the ending is just ...well. You'll have to read it, won't you.

*This review is also listed on Goodreads*

Book: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/71863.A_Killing_Frost?from_search=true

No comments:

Post a Comment